Monday, March 9, 2015

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Son of the Living God



Dearest family and friends,

´´My mission is to testify of Jesus Christ.´´ - Joseph Smith. I testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I know this without a doubt, and it is my determination to testify of Him to all, in every moment, from now until the end of my mission, and throughout my whole life. I know He suffered every pain and sorrow that mankind has ever gone through, and that He will give us mercy and his comforting grace if we repent and do His will. I am
positive that through faith on His name men may become so much more; I know they can truly change and become more like Christ. Most importantly, I know that men can be forgiven of their sins through His complete and infinite sacrifice, and that they may dwell in the presence of our Heavenly Father. There is nothing more important to me, in every aspect of my life; this is the very most important thing. It is the most important thing in the life of all humankind as well, although they don't realize it. Every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess, that Jesus is the Christ. There will be given no other name nor way under heaven by which salvation comes to men. Jesus Christ lived a sinless, perfect life and was crucified by wicked men; by the power of God the Father, He was risen from the tomb, to never again be subject to the effects of death and sin. I know that all men shall live again and be brought to the presence of their Maker to be judged by their works, and that those who have been wicked, will be wicked still; and all those who have sought the will of the Father will enter His kingdom. I know that the Atonement offers us courage to press forward with a perfect brightness of hope for God and for all men when darkness and temptation covers the way. It gives me hope, and love, and faith to do His will. ´´It was this truth, this reality that allowed a handful of Galilean fishermen, turned again apostles, who without a single synagogue or sword went on to shape the history of the world in which we live in today.´´ -Elder Holland. I am taking His name upon me and committing to testify of His divinity for the rest of my life. I know that my Redeemer lives! and loves us! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Sincerely,

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment