Monday, February 2, 2015

We are called to Help others Come unto Christ

Dear Family,

It has been an absolutely wonderful week. We've been blessed with many teaching and finding opportunities and had a great number of investigators at church again!! We have a couple who has accepted baptism and look forward to a temple marriage, and many other miracles by God this week. I could not be more grateful for this time of my mission, always at the end is when God uses you to reap the harvest that He has so mercifully prepared!!! We are very sad to only have 1 more week together as companions, Elder McDonald is the bomb!!! Thank you for all of your prayers of support and love for the missionaries; I know that God hears and answers your prayers because of your great faith and hope that His glorious work hastens in these latter days. Please pray that all of these wonderful investigators will come to have a strong desire placed by the Spirit to keep the commandments we teach them for themselves, especially to get married and be baptized.

I have learned this week from teaching many people that we cannot force the Gospel onto anybody. No matter how good or in line with God's will our intentions or desires are, we cannot expect someone to live it just because we tell them. That's never what God had in mind. I know that He sent His Only Begotten Son to experience every one of our trials and challenges and suffer the punishment of our sins to know how to help us to change and repent WHEN WE DESIRE STRONGLY AND DECIDE TO, with undoubting faith. Once we repent and put our will in-line with God's, miracles happen. The greatest of those miracles is often the warm surety in our very souls that God forgives our sins, and remembers them no more. Of this I testify with all of my heart, that God forgives those who come unto Him with a broken heart and a contrite Spirit. I know that God lives, and that He eternally loves each one of us despite our decisions, and constantly persuades us to come unto Him to be saved. I know that this is God's work, and that if we do not know how to do it in His holy and sometimes more difficult way, which is not our way, we will experience this great joy we gain from serving others with love and HELPING THEM to live the gospel. I am not called only to preach it, but to persuade with the love of the Spirit that they may keep the commandments for themselves and be converted (see John 7:17). I love you all and testify that God has forgiven me of my many errors, and that He will still sustain me through my weaknesses to bring to pass His glorious work, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Clarke

PS have the best week ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment