Monday, February 23, 2015

Real Repentance



Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a very memorable week of the mission. I am so very thankful to represent Jesus Christ, and to treat others as He would treat them. I testify of the immense love that God has for each one of us; I have felt it and see it in the eyes of the Peruvians. I know that the greatest joy of all comes from a true process of repentance, a real peace that lasts forever. I know that living the gospel isn't as easy as we sometimes make it seem; repentance is a painful experience that brings us the remission of our sins. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that through His Atonement we can always be forgiven of our sins - anything. He has felt it all, and wants to help us. The Gospel is so beautiful, and I am eternally grateful for Repentance in our eternal Plan of Salvation. 

We have seen that Fermin and Mariela may need a longer time to have a true repentance process, and I am grateful to let it happen. We learn in 2 Ne. 30:2 that ´´God does not make covenants with anyone who doesn't repent.´´ We can't have a spiritually positive and truly lifting experience with making or renewing a covenant unless we have a true repentance process. I know that THAT is what brings lasting joy, happiness, and an incredible peace in our lives. That's all I want for people in this world, and I know that's all that Christ really wants too. Let us be sensitive to others' spiritual needs and help them have a true experience with repentance, so that they may find rest in their souls, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Sincerely,

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment