Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 22, 2014

Hi Mom!!! :)

I hope you know that I love you so much!! You are so wonderful, and I'm so happy to read your emails. It made me especially happy this week. :) Thank you for all of your love, and support. You have no idea how much it means to me out here!!! Thank you for being such good parents and helping us all so much with the gospel!! I appreciate it more than you could ever know. You'll only know the depth of my gratitude, and my love for the gospel when we get to heaven. ;)  Please know that I am very healthy, and that truthfully there aren't really any exotic fruits out here in Peru!! Haha, I laughed this week that you asked again, sorry for not telling you, but there really aren't any. Just the Maricuy√°!! :)

I just want to say that Katie seriously looks so beautiful in those Homecoming pictures you sent me!!! Wow, please tell her for me. She's all grown up, and a beautiful and righteous young women. She's a senior!! Tell her how great she is, every day, and that I love her lots. Also tell Scotty and Adam that I love them, and that I'm sending a card in the mail today, it may arrive a bit late! But my love will be flying through the air to you!!! Haha. That's awesome that the Ogden Temple has been re-dedicated! I hope you are all having wonderful spiritual experiences and having the best day ever every day. Congratulations for doing such a great work in your job!!! You are such a great example. I am going to call you frequently after the mission so that you can constantly counsel me. :) Tell Steve I love him! I'm going to write him. Sorry I'm not sending many fotos...I'm not taking many. But I am changing greatly on the mission, and will never forget these experiences. 

Things are going well in Chincha, our convert families are doing super awesome, going to go to the temple in October to do baptisms for the dead! They are so excited, becoming friends with the members and beginning to really understand the Book of Mormon. I have never had so much joy, as I see this family - especially the parents - change before me. The Lord's hand touches their hearts and softens them to do His will, I know it. My heart is full of gratitude!!! Right now we really just need to find more investigators and less-actives to teach. We must always focus on the solutions and never the problems, because I could wear myself out so very quickly focusing on the problems. We are going to build a stronger relationship of trust with the members and leaders so we can work with them and receive more names of people to teach, and we´ll do it with service, love, and teaching the Doctrine of Christ.

I am going to the zone activity now, to help strengthen the missionaries here!! I hope you have a splendid day. Thank you for all of your prayers, I love you!!!

Sincerely,

Elder Clarke


No comments:

Post a Comment