Monday, August 11, 2014

Faith in Christ by Personal Revelation

Dear Family,

Every week, I am more and more grateful to my Heavenly Father for the wonderful parents I have, and for my family and friends. I want you all to know how much I love you, and pray for your spiritual well-being. I am happy to hear about all your experiences in Panama and the summer! And meeting up with my old companions!!! Haha, ohh man. I love every one of them; Elder Durfey, Elder Hartvigsen, and Elder Dunn!! My heart fills with joy to hear that your prayer was finally answered, Mother!! I hope you love that new job. You are a woman of great faith, which I admire so much. 

I feel happy and overwhelmed with all that is going on in life right now! We truly had a very successful week and are excited to keep working with all diligence. All I want to share with you is my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that it is infinite. I read a talk called ´´The Atonement´´, by Elder Russel M. Nelson, not sure when it was written by this is the subtitle ´´Los propósitos de la Creación, de la Caída y de la Expiación se centran en la obra sagrada que se realiza en los templos de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ültimos Días.´´ haha. Go read it, it really changed my comprehension of the Atonement. The Atonement really is the test of our faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the only one who could atone for our sins being chosen of the Father, and that God is perfect. We must hope for the immortal, and perfection. 

I really came to understand how to have a powerful experience with personal revelation, and to get answers to where I should go and who I should talk with to achieve a goal. I know that He answers prayers if we pray with faith. 

I love you all so much and hope you have the best day ever!!

Sincerely,

Elder Clarke

PS: something you might find funny, our room has a serious cockroach problem - they're everywhere! The smoke alarm went off 3 times at like 4am one night because many of them crawled inside and were moving around in there. Haha, anyways, I love Chincha a lot it is the promised land!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment