Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chincha!

Dearest Family,

I am having the best day ever!! The gospel of Jesus Christ enlightens my soul! :) We had a wonderful week here in our area, doing good work but we've got a lot more work to do!! I am so excited for everything we are going to achieve here in Chincha. Elder Durfey, really, is a great missionary. I am so blessed and grateful to be with him and learn from him. He is inspiring. Elder Rolando is very good too! Very humble and willing to give. Our ward here is so wonderful!!!! These people have the light of Christ, they're living the gospel and willing and capable of serving in the Work of Salvation, which is their work. The Bishop is a very Christ-like man, and works hard. We're going to help them establish the church here, baptizing, rescuing, and retaining complete families. That is part of President Douglas' vision for the mission. Part of that vision is also that we raise to the spiritual level of the sons of Mosiah, receiving personal revelation, to fulfill our missionary purpose and carrying out with exactness the Apresurar the Work of Salvation. I am so excited!!! I am so ready, to give everything. 

There is a lot of dirt here in Chincha, every day our shoes get dirty! The people are a lot humbler... it smells interesting too. They say that many eat cat down here - but I promise I won't do it! :) I am buying fruits, vegetables, and wheat bread, and trying to eat healthy. I'm always hungry though...we don't have a pensionist! Nobody wants to do it here. I am persuading some members though, we'll see what happens. I promise it will change.

Thank you family for all that you do! I love you all so much, please keep that in mind! I'm gonna send a package of stuff with Elder Durfey and write you all letters! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your emails you write me Steve, I love you a lot. Thank you for the inspirational stories and council you offer from your mission. You're a great missionary, and so is all of my family!! Love you Mother dear, and Dad!! :) Sorry I don't have a lot of time but I'll write letters!! Have fun on your Panama trip and all that you're doing!! Love you all!! Katie Scotty and Adam!! :)

Sincere love,

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment