Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dear Family,

This was the best week ever!!! I can honestly say that I feel the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, it is such a precious gift that I enjoy every day of my life. I know this gospel is real and can be applied to us with our sacrifice, and I know that the Spirit is real. I hope you have all felt it more this week!

Rosio's Baptism!
So on Thursday night we were visiting Rosio, who's been preparing for baptism for a bit now, she was going to be baptized next Saturday, but she asked if she could this Saturday! It was surprising, but yeah, she was ready and she did it! I am sooo happy that family is all in the church now, it's incredible the change we've seen in that home. It was certain that she was ready to make that covenant after seeing the look in her eyes and the Spirit she felt after the talk her son gave in the service. The Spirit prepares people to make covenants and accept commitments to live the gospel, to accept the invitation to follow Jesus Christ and keep His commandments, just as He kept every commandment of the Father. When people have the true and sincere desire, they can do anything with their faith. The Spirit inspires us, and gives us good desires. It is a gift for the good decisions we have made, and our faithfulness. If we have been good people, the Spirit will present us the opportunity to repent in our time. I have such hope and faith for all to receive these great tidings - and I will not rest until all those around me have my personal invitation. The Spirit changes people. It all starts with the Spirit! We have to recognize it, understand how it feels, and NOT reject it. I am so grateful for it's divine guidance in my life, I am learning more and more how to receive more specific revelation for the benefit of His children. The Spirit is real. 
Elder Clarke & Elder Groves celebrate July 4th in Lima, Peru!
They printed a picture of the flag and sang patriotic hymns.

Elder Clarke on his 20th Birthday!
Please, please pray and fast for the Durán family, they have the goal to get all their papers done and be baptized next Saturday, and they are so pumped!! It's amazing - Rosario is more active than more than half the members. Their family is amazing. I want to see them get baptized so badly, because the moment and tenderness of the Spirit I felt during the baptismal service today was the most priceless joy I've felt, and my sincere love goes out to them. What a beautiful work this is, to see people make covenants. I know that Repentance is possible to all those who feel the Spirit, accept it's promptings with much faith. I know God loves us and is ready and willing and wanting to forgive. The Atonement is powerful.

This week the Lunts got here to the office! The new couple who are replacing the Alkema's. I love the Alkemas and am sad they are leaving! They'll be done next week, and I'll leave the office, and Elder Fiallos too I think. Anyways, it's been a great time here and I'm truly grateful for the trials I've been given, because it makes the good moments so much sweeter. 

Elder Clarke playing the keyboard at a Zone Conf.
We went to these awesome ruins of Pachacamac today, it was really fun! More than anything, it was kind of like a hike again out in open spaces - that was my favorite part. And there are beautiful sights to see here in Peru - it is an incredibly interesting country, I still can't believe it after a year and a month. The people here are so different in personality; they have a different type of natural man, because their hearts are SO open, willing, and ready to give outward right when you give them your Full attention. They'll do anything for you or give anything to you. They just want to share - it's like a hobby here, like an activity..pasttime, fun thing to do. It doesn't make sense to gringos. But I am very blessed to be here. :) I am being changed, and becoming more loving because of all the love they have for me as a missionary in Peru. 

Hope you have the best week ever!!! I'll keep praying and fasting for you Mother Dear! ;) Keep having fun with all of the summer activities little children, I loved the photo you sent me I cracked up! No mother, I don't know my transfer yet, who I'll be with or where I'll be going, but I'll tell you next week. :) Oh, and with the Familia Matienzo, the golden lesson we had on my birthday, we haven't been able to have another lesson this week with them after many efforts, but we have one tomorrow with them, and another golden referral of a family. Anyway, keep living the Doctrine of Christ. This is our vision in the Peru Lima South Mission: 

´´Subir al nivel espiritual de los hijos de Mosíah estando bajo el influjo del Espíritu Santo (recibiendo revelación personal) continuamente para lograr nuestro objetivo (PME P.1) con poder y establecer la Iglesia más completamente siguiendo con exactitud el ´´Como Apresurar la Obra de Salvación´´, bautizando, rescatando, y reteniendo familias completas.´´

I love it, and it sticks in my mind. Sorry, don't have time to translate it. Love you all with all my heart!!!!!

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment