Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mother Dearest!!

Here I am, finally writing to you! I am so sorry!!! I hope you understand. :) So far the cambios are going well...honestly lots of stress, and work to do. We ran into an emergency problem tonight where the missionaries almost lost their bus to Ayacucho, but the Lord provided. It was a crazy/funn/most-stressful experience with Elder Cajo that I won't ever forget. He heard my calm prayer :) 

I am SOOO glad to stay companions with Elder Cajo!!! I don't think you realize how much I love this guy. He's such an amazing person and just fun to be with. I am the luckiest missionary in the mission; I really have seen so many blessings. And a new assistant came in tonight, Elder Dahle!!! (from Idaho) I can't tell you how much I love THIS other missionary!! He was my district leader in San Gabriel, and he is such a powerful missionary. And Elder Fiallos, who's the other assistant right now, is so incredibly kind and servicable, he does anything you tell him with full purpose of heart. We make a good team of 4 - I couldn't be luckier to be with the best missionaries out there. I'll be here to see the new Senior couple come in as well, the Lunts who get here June 30. Apparently they speak spanish and are on their like 4th mission...dairy farmer and accountant from Idaho. Anyways, I'll be here for a little longer. I've got SOOO much work to do!! I gotta get things under control.

Thank you so much for the package you sent me Mother Dear!! We saved the Easter candy for today, thank you. :) When is Mother's Day?? I've got to send you a special card!!! I'm glad to hear the family's doing so well. Saludos to Nathan Garner for me!! 

We're doing good in our area as well!! The Hermanas in our ward had another few baptisms, they are so poderosas!! We're having lots more success, finding lots new investigators this week and teaching more. Hermana Mendez in our ward has a cambio to Ayacucho, which is sad, she works so hard and made a huge impact on Bolognesi. I am so grateful to be surrounded by amazing examples, everywhere I go. We have 3 baptismal dates, marrying a couple and the whole family is coming to church!!! I love the work of the Lord, it brings so much joy.

Something that has sunk deep down into my heart this week is the principle and need to forget myself. The example of President Hinckley as a missionary is so touching to me. Sometimes we focus too much on our personal progress and less on feeding His sheep, helping them with their needs by applying the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Just as it is so difficult for an investigator to understand how to kneel down and ask God if the Book of Mormon is true, is seems difficult for us to just understand that we need to make a personal relationship with God in prayer, by making Him a personal covenant and being absolutely true to that covenant. As servants of the Lord, we are much more effective when we make covenants. I can't explain right now all that I feel, but I know that if we get serious about our covenants they can be a great help to us. 

I love you all so much my dear family!! Take care, I will write you more on Saturday. Keep praying with all of your might!!

Love,

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment