Sunday, March 30, 2014

Following the Example of Jesus Christ

Dearest Family,

Wow, thank you for your emails. After all of the wonderful things that have happened today, and in this week, Inside of me is instilled the glorious, wonderful and beautiful thought about how really the only thing that matters in this life is to follow the example of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I think I've just now realized, deeper than ever, that this life will never end. I can't express the feelings inside of me, the Spirit that bursts out, telling me to represent His name for all of my life. All my life. No matter all of the inequity, iniquity, sorrows, despair, we need to remember the incredible blessing and opportunity we have to be our own agents; to bring about much good, to suffer with those who are suffering, rejoice with those who rejoice, cry with those who cry, and always look into the eye with all of the pure intention of heart to lift up a brother in the faith, to help all come to understand better our Savior, Jesus Christ, and come closer to God by their acts. Everybody can, and everybody is in a lot of need of help of knowing how to do it. We need to confidently shine to everyone our smiles, and our confidence in having experienced in detail the blessings of the Lord. There is no end to humility; I keep learning that every day on the mission. There is no end to the companionship of the Holy Ghost. There is no end to pondering the miracles, mysteries, and goodness of God. There is no end to praying with faith. We just need to apply the first five principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ to our own lives, and live the commandments to receive the strength and never-ending excitement to be involved in such activities of spiritual nature, to help everybody around us, and literally be a light of the world. Maybe at times I have been down, and unamimated, and struggling, but there is no end to persistance nor diligence. I will strive to the very end, in every moment, to find the good, and share it freely, with all the love and charity I can muster. I pray we all have the vision to live a better life, and never give up. These are my feelings on following the example of Christ. I know He lives, and that this invitation He has given to all is very reachable for each one of us. 

I always feel so much better, and less stressed, after expressing my testimony and spiritual feelings - it's a way of letting God know how appreciative I am for all He does for me. I have seen so many blessings this week, it is incredible. Lima is absolutely amazing! We've been paseando in Miraflores and Barranco today walking along the beach. This place is really so unique, and just beautiful. The people here are unlike anybody I've ever known before. So incredibly Christ-like and service-oriented - it gets me emotional. I don't ever want to forget these Peruvians. I know I was sent here for a reason, to humble myself and follow their inspiring example. They may not understand everything about Jesus Christ and His restored church, but what they do understand about his everlasting mercy and grace, they sure do well. I know many will have a special place saved in the kingdom of heaven. 

This morning was the baptism of Fabio! All of his family came from both sides of the family tree, and also another little girl, daughter of a recent convert that the sisters in our ward were teaching (Hermana Mendez y Hermana Powell) was baptized today, I actually baptized her. William, Fabio's father, did it with power and authority! He took his time slowly saying the words of the ordinance, and to not mess up, and he said and finished them with such power, I am 100% the power of the baptismal ordinance was manifest in that occasion. The Alkemas, and also President Douglas came to the baptism, and he commented it was one of the most spiritual he had seen. I will send pictures! The most tender part was when the little girl I baptized, 9 years old, when she gave her testimony afterwards, she didn't really know what to say but just cried so sincerely and said how happy she was and how much love she felt. Words cannot explain an unforgettable experience that will always remain in your mind and heart. 

Thank you for all of your love and support. I could not be more grateful for such a beautiful and righteous family. I will never stop thanking my Father in Heaven for my earthly parents. Words can't express the gratitude I feel. I can't tell you how grateful I am for my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and siblings. I love you all to death!!! Please, keep using your God-given agency to always abound in good works, and do that which brings true happiness. Be ready in any moment to accept with full purpose of heart the invitation to follow the example of Jesus Christ. I love you all, saludos a todos, I will write you all more personally, as I would enjoy that a lot more, to talk with each one of you. Make it the very best week of all!!!

Sincerely,

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment