Saturday, February 1, 2014

Querida Familia!!!

Dearest Family!

I hope you are all having the best day of your LIFE!!! I want to sincerely apologize for not writing last week. I really feel bad, I´ve humbled myself down to the dust, and repented. I know that just having a lot of work to do isn´t a very good excuse. I should have been more diligent and not getting discouraged to get the really important things done. I hope you all realize how much I love you, with all my heart, and that you are always in my prayers and concern. I pray every day for your well-being. I definitely have the very best family there is, without question. I LOVE YOU. 

Last week was changes...and I thought things would get a little slower, but not really. There have been so many missionaries going home for health reasons it is incredible. It just hurts me! Last saturday when I didn´t write was because of an elder who had to go home on emergency because of health reasons which I found out about the night before, and then 15 minutes after when the chouffeur was supposed to come, he called and said his car broke down, so we had to take him to the airport in taxi and got him through just in time. Man. And there have been 3 more missionaries go home for health reasons since then, on top of all the transfers monday and tuesday. It´s ridiculous! It adds up to 10 missionaries in this past month, and we´ve got one more on the way. That hasn´t happened like...ever! I don´t know what´s going on. The Lord is like trying to send us a message or something. There´s also just a lot of missionaries who come to the mission really unprepared, and find out when they get here, and it becomes a pain to make all the changes. Seeing some of these missionaries go really kinda made me sad, and I just could't believe it all happen so fast in front of my eyes. I know that the Lord has a reason and a purpose for everything. 

Reflecting on all that is going on, it made me really appreciate the sacred and rare opportunity to serve the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength in the way that He has called and desires His missionaries to serve in His marvellous work, and in this precious and prophetic time in the last days. It´s incredible, the Lord´s high standards, and His abundant care in this great labor of love. Like, if you are not well or suitable to serve within the mission rules and guidelines of health and everything, you get sent home. And what a costly labor! Being the one to buy all the plane tickets and all the travel and hotels to get missionaries around and changed, I just know it's an incredible amount. The Lord has such great patience with us, faith, diligence, love, and requires us to keep His commandments with Excellence. Anyways, we were going to go to the temple today, we had like a couple hour wait and were eating breakfast there, then President called me and told me to buy a plane ticket for tomorrow and make the plans for a missionary to go home, and I couldn't make it in the session today. But, it's OK, I did get to fix my watch at Wong's! (a nearby grocery store that´s the bomb). The wristband part broke for a week, but it's good as new now.

Also, in other news, in the last transfers a new Elder came to the office!! Elder Cajo, from Lima Perú! He literally lives just a little less than an hour and a half from the office. Haha. He´s like, ´´You see that bus passing by? Yeah, that totally would take me right to my house.´´ It´s funny, haha. But seriously, this guy is like such an awesome cool guy and I´m SO excited. I´ll be honest, I didn´t know at ALL it was going to happen before, and I wasn´t very excited, and President helped me come to repentance, and now I understand what great need it is to have him in the office. He got called to work with the visas, which means he´ll help all the missionaries go to immigrations, or he´ll go for them, and keep all the carnets de extranjería updated, and all that good stuff so that our missionaries have legal residence here in Perú. All that has seriously been lacking for the last few years, it´s not good at all. The area presidency is kinda cracking down on us, and we´re getting it together now. The area presidency is also cracking down on tracking the progress of learning english for every latino missionary! Which is kinda cool. I´m so excited to see things change, seriously!! My love for repentance has grown so great. I love seeing change! Anyways, Elder Cajo actually just got baptized when he was 18, two years ago, and he´s like super strong in gospel knowledge and conversion. He´s a fantastic example. He speaks english really well. He is a very studious guy, studied accounting before the mission, and is very well-educated and smart. He´s gonna be a great help here in the office - it helps a lot that he´s Peruvian. He´s from Los Olivos, which is the north part of Lima. Elder Valencia is training him on all of the suministros stuff, materials and supplies for rooms and the packages and letters, so he will do all of that and immigrations. And Elder Valencia is leaving the office these next transfers in March 11! Nobody saw that coming, it´s kinda sad. I thought we were gonna be together for a while. Not anymore! Anyways, me and Elder Cajo go running every morning, first we run all the way down the stairs, do our 20 min. route around a nice-looking park here in San Isidro, and then run back up all the 17 floors of stairs. Haha. He pushes me so hard, and I´m getting in great shape! I drink like 5 bottles of water a day, and sweat SOOO much! I come back from the run, drenched in sweat, and take a cold shower, and start sweating again, uncontrollably. It´s great haha. 

Anyways, I´m sorry I´m not sharing a lot of spiritual experiences or stories about investigators. We found a super awesome investigator this past week and she has a fecha and already came to church and progresses really well! I´m excited to get things more organized and clean, and work hard to get our area into shape as well. 

Thank you for all of the support and prayers, and for still writing me even when I don´t write you. You´re the best family ever. Congrats to Katie for getting asked to the Hero´s dance!! I was so happy to see that, sounds like it´ll be tons of fun. Scotty´s rockin it up, have him take the honors biology! Honors everything´s the only way to go!! Steve´s the bomb for rocking the Chrysalis and byu, love you man. Adam, keep collecting those good Pokemon cards, and you can totally have mine for a while! You´re the man! Thank you so much for writing me Dad, you´re amazing, and I love you. I could never thank you enough for all that you do. You´re an amazing example of a converted disciple of Christ who lives and applies His gospel. Keep at the job and school! And, Mother Dear, I hope you never forget the love and never-ending gratitude I have for always having cared for me every moment of my life, spiritual and temporal needs - there is no greater gift that could have been given, and nothing I could ever do to pay you back. Just always remember how much I love you, and that I will never depart from the divine knowledge I have received from God because of all you have helped me with. I love you all, precious family! Have the greatest week you´ve ever had!!

Grandma, happy birthday in 13 days!! I totally bought you the coolest happy birthday abuelita card today, and will probably be sending it on monday. I love you a ton, and hope Grandpa and Krissy, Kory, Ken and Monica, and Kevin and Steph are all doing super well!! I feel so so bad for not keeping in touch with you all regularly, but want you all to know my love extends to you, and you are seriously in my prayers just as much if not more than my family. I will write you all very soon!!

Have the greatest day ever!!

Much love, 

Elder Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment