Monday, December 2, 2013

FAMILY LETTER!

 Dearest Family,

I want you all to know how much I love you! Also, I could absolutely NOT BELIEVE that picture Mother sent me of the three siblings on Thanksgiving. Could not believe how much they've changed! Look so much...older!! Wow. Really through my mind through a loop...pondering on how old our family is becoming. But, it's a good thing. :) 

Well...I am actually not really sure what to say, spiritually, today. So I think I´ll just bear my testimony about the Doctrine of Christ. Because I've learned that whenever we don't know what to say, just teach the Doctrine of Christ. It's what Pte. Douglas has taught us, in every single multi-zona, and letter, for a long time. And I keep learning and understanding it better each time. It is what will change human nature, and the whole world.

The Doctrine of Christ is explained best in 2 Nefi 31:4, 5, and 7. Answering the question to ´´why´´ Jesus Christ got baptized helps us understand this Doctrine. Why, then, did He get baptized?

About 90% of the members would say, ´´oh, to give us the example!´´ WRONG. Verse 7 answers why. 

Because He is humble, and shows us that He is willing to be obedient in all of the Father´s commandments.

The Doctrine is that we must follow Jesus Christ by keeping ALL of the commandments, of our own will, because we love the Father. And it doesn't have to do just with the commandment of Baptism, the Doctrine of Christ can be applied to any commandment. It is that we use Faith, Repentance, Making and Renewing and Remembering Covenants, the help of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End to be able to keep every commandment.

I love you all so much, and bear this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Clarke


No comments:

Post a Comment