Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Dear Mother Dear!!
 
Mom, I am so excited to write to you today and so grateful for what you all sent!!  But I want you to know how much I sincerely love you, and pray every day for your well being. I can´t express my gratitude for you for loving and caring about me so much - it´s something that I cannot really understand fully. I am trying to become more like you here on the mission, to love and care more sincerely towards my companion, and investigators.
 
I'm not even going to lie; it is a struggle every single day.  But something I have learned is the power of the Doctrine of Christ; and how it literally changes human nature, and inspires people to ACT, and repent. All the talks during conference are based around the Doctrine of Christ, and I am always so touched by the personal testimonies and witnesses of the reality of Jesus Christ for every apostle! And Pres. Monson was absolutely incredible. Wow. The Priesthood Session was absolutely most incredible for me, because I got to watch it in English!!! There was another gringo Elder, and we both got to go on a little split to see the conference in our native language, and maaannn it is sooo much more powerful than listening to it in Spanish - my mind kind of zones out a lot easier when everything´s spanish. Haha. But I am really so so grateful for the conference, it was awesome! And we got lots of investigators there! Also, I had an intercambio with Elder Orellana, an elder who's about to finish his mission in this area, and he taught me a whole lot about how to do stuff better. MAN, have I got a long way to go. So much to improve, in this area, and personally. It´s just like the talk Elder Eyring gave in the Priesthood Session, with the story of the Good Samaritan, he said this is really just a story of an overwhelmed Priesthood holder who's got too many responsabilities. And that as we show true love and compassion for the people around us, that is what will connect the Spirit into our lives to be able to fulfill the will of the Father. I need to tap into that spiritual power every single day, and do that by truly loving sincerley, and studying the doctrine of Christ every day, always inspiring everyone around me and doing my job as a missionary, to invite to come to Christ. And if people don't always receive it, it's ok-because we fulfilled the will of God. Pres. Douglas once said, Nephi never converted his wicked brethren, through all their difficult trials in the desert, but he did bear solid testimony, and putting forth all of his effort in obeying and exhorting his brethren to obey as well, he did fulfill the will of the Father. 
 
We will be having interviews with Pres. this month, and yes I'll try to get a picture and send it to you! Sorry, we haven't been taking a lot of pictures recently! Here's a couple too. Oh, also, my companion lost about half of all the money he took out for the month, like two hundred fifty soles, and I'm not sure if we're gonna have enough money, so I might take out some from my credit card if it works, I sure hope so! This is really, a poor part of Perú, it's kinda sad to see, but it's alright. 
 
Mother Dear! I am so so so happy to hear about your missionary experience!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea the joy it brings into my heart! You are so incredible, and all of the family, AMAZING examples, and I love you all so much. I know that will be a blessing untold someday in her life, and she will always remember the Clarke´s. I´m so glad to hear the whole family's doing well. Just teach ém repentance and the doctrine of Christ!!! Oh, what was your favorite quote, part, or talk in conference? :)
 
I am helping Elder Savino a lot. Teaching him how to use email, what to do on email, got his family´s addresses, took pictures and helped him send them, also to even log in...and to read Pres. Douglas's letter....how to do the dishes. I have to instruct and teach and...yeah, I'm learning to become an effective teacher, trainer, and someday father. I have a whole long way to go though.
 
I was sooo happy to read about Steve and see his pictures!!! Ohhh my goodness, he inspires me beyond words. I cannot even explain my love for him as well. He's the best missionary I've ever known, and will be an incredible strength when he gets back home, you're all so lucky!!  Also, thank you for the photos of my friends too! And, I sure will wear my tie on the 8th (I always remember).
 
Goodbye, Mother! I hope you have the absolutely best day ever!!! And week ever. Tell Dad how much I love and appreciate him as well, and the whole family. Scotty: You stud!!! Keep up the good work, and focusing on spiritual things of the gospel! Katie: you too!! You´re so awesome and never stop loving people. :) Adam¨: Happy Birthday!!!!! Keep serving Mom and Dad around the house in everything you do!!! I love you Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Kor, Aunt Krissy, Uncle Ken and Aunt Monica, little Kenny and Charlie, and everybody else!!!!
 
Sincerely,
 
Elder David Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment