Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I stay in Pamplona with Elder Arancibia!!

Dear Family!!!

I am so excited to email you all today!!! I have been excited about it all week, actually. This was the best week ever.

First of all, I want to congratulate Mother and Father! Happy Anniversary!!! :) I am so so happy for you both. You are the best examples to me, and I could not be more grateful that you are my parents! Guess what, I totally remembered it was your anniversary too. Cool experience happened that day, too. We finally met the parents of the Sanchez family, that very day! Met the father, which was a miracle, and he is so on-board and accepting that we teach him and his whole family. It was such a good lesson, and met his sister´s family too! Okay, so I´ll tell this cool story of the Sanchez family, how we found them. So, one day, we were contacting people up in the hills, and I said, we should find some members that live around here so they can support the investigators we have here. And Elder Arancibia´s like...hey, you see that green house up there? (basically on the top of the hill) I think I've been there before with Elder Merino (his last companion before I got here). he said I think there´s members that live there, lets´ try it! Well, we went there, and it turns out that he had not been there before. Haha. It is the house of the Sanchez family. And the lessons we have with them are amazing! So spiritual, and they are so prepared and ready to receive the gospel. We met the children that day, and the parents on your anniversary. They're awesome!

Another short update on the investigators, we have one with a baptismal date for the following Saturday (Aug. 24)! Julianna, she´s the bomb! Found her from a member reference part-member family. We took a picture and I think she´s gonna try to send it to your facebook, she says. Haha. But we are doing a lot better! I am really coming to love Elder Arancibia lately, and for that we are working better as a companionship. Which reminds me, the changes!!!! We both stay in Pamplona together another change! :) which I am glad, I still have a lot to learn from him. 
And guess what!!! Well, you already knew, but Elder Bromley is here!! I haven´t seen him, but it probably won´t be long before I do, cuz he is in the neighboring zone right next to mine! He´s in San Juan, I´m in San Gabriel. Anyways, I was so happy when I heard that.

Also, we had dinner with Hermana Huallanca Sunday night again! She says she is working on getting married first, and she will get baptized when she can! Also, we have the English classes every wednesday, and apparently the ward made a page of it on facebook! Haha, so go look that up. So sweet. Another random cool thing, is that I am beginning to learn Quechwa! So sweet!!! There´s lots of people from Ayacucho here who speak Quechwa, and it´s so cool, and Elder Arancibia has a book explaining how to learn it, so I am hitting that up. It´s hard though, cuz it´s all in Spanish, to learn quechwa. But oh well. I learned that Pacha is a word in quechwa!!! I was so happy when I saw that, and thought of Dad. Pacha means the world, or a type of clothing. Also, remember when it says that word in the Book of Mormon, ``if thou say Raca to your brother, shall be condemned...``something like that? Raca is a bad word in Quechwa! Haha. Anyways. Also, Elder Arancibia and I found this big soccer field, and we go running on it every morning for our exercise time! It is the best!!! Also, we both memorized 2 Ne. 31! Word, for word. Pte. Douglas asked us to, ha, and it´s so fun. 

Okay, so I wanted to also tell about the service we had last week! It almost ALWAYS has something to do with fixing somebody´s roof. I learned how to roof a house here! Well...Peruvian style. It´s...interesting. Basically we just find anything we can to cover the roof, make sure water can´t get in, and..make it happen. I learned a few basic principles to it, and it´s anything goes after that. It really humbles me, and these people always help, and it means so much to them. They gave us a cake after we finished! Haha, and it was actually pretty fun. We are like monkeys, on top of the walls, balancing to not fall off! Reminds me of Scotty - I know he would love that. :) Hey Scotty!!! Thank you so much for your email bro, you are the best!! ALso Father and MOther too. :) I love all of you family!!! And , I hope everybody is doing well. I will continue praying for you all.   I was glad to hear you are all having fun on your summer vacation activities!! :) And, Mother dear, to answer your question, yes I have gotten sick a few times after, I just don't mention it in my emails cuz there are other happy things to write. 

Looks like Elder Clarke needs new socks!
Anyway, I loved reading all Alma 42 this week, especially verse 31. The plan of salvation is amazing to me!! Also, I had a really spiritual experience reading the First Presidency Message of the ensign of this month by Elder Eyring, about giving gratitude, and learned that as we are grateful, we recognize the hand of the Lord more in our life, and the guidance of the Spirit more too. What a blessing!! Also, I loved learning about how to be bold this week!!! In Moroni 8:16-17, Alma 38:12, and DC 121:43, 45. Moroni says, that when we are bold, it is because we are filled with love for the people, and sincerely want the best for them, cuz we know that keeping the commandments brings blessings!!! I have such a strong testimony of obedience to the commandments. They are here for us!!

Anyways, I sent lots of pictures today, hope you love them all! I love all of you!!!!!!! Have the best week ever!!

Love,  Elder Clarke
Holy cow MOM!!!! The view here, is incredible!! THe picture doesn´t do justice. On the other side of this hill, just barely past the limits of our area, is the Lima East Mission, and we can see basically all of Lima!!! And we can see past where the ocean is, and the buildings end!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment