Monday, June 3, 2013

Elder David Clarke flew to Peru today!!!


Hi!  This is Dave's Mom.  I was so excited Friday night to get a call from the Eugene, Oregon Mission President's wife.  She told me that Elder Clarke's visa had arrived along with plane tickets for Monday, June 3rd.  He was travelling alone to Lima, Peru today.  He got to call from the airport and talk for a bit during a layover in Dallas.  He told me that he met a middle-aged man on his flight out of Eugene and talked to him about the gospel during their entire flight, and also gave him a Book of Mormon and information to contact the missionaries in his area.  He said he learned great lessons from his 12 short days in Oregon, important principles that further prepared him for his mission.

Later this evening as I checked my email, I found an message from a member of the church in Texas, where Elder Clarke had his longer layover.  This is what it said:

My name is Aljean Blake. I am a member of the Carrollton 1st ward,
Carrollton, Texas stake (Dallas area). I met your son as I was boarding
a plane to go back home. He looked very handsome in his missionary suit. He
positively glowed as I was talking to him. I know he will be a wonderful
missionary in Peru. I was a little sad he wasn't coming to Dallas to serve.

Have a great day,

Sister Blake



I am so grateful for members of the church everywhere, who are watching out for our missionaries!  I can't wait to hear from Elder Clarke next Monday on his p-day, and find out about his new companion and area!

No comments:

Post a Comment